Hi, my loves!
Today I thought I’d do something a little fun and switch it up a bit. It’s time to get personal, and I thought that I’d do my version of The Beauty Tag!
I’m sure that this is going to be a long one, so let’s get right into it:
- Do you remember your first makeup item?
Of course! Like most Indian girls, my first makeup item was a kajal from Lakme.
- Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
My perfect mascara would definitely be one that separates, lengthens, volumizes, is easy to apply, doesn’t clump or flake, and makes it look like I have false lashes. Well… this is quite a long list, so I’m pretty sure that you all already know that I’m still on the hunt for my perfect mascara. Although, I must say that my L’Oreal Volume Million Lashes does come quite close.
- What kind of coverage do you prefer from a foundation?
I love a good full-coverage foundation with a natural-matte finish.
- Favourite high-end brand?
Hmm, M.A.C., for sure. They are one of the most inclusive and amazing brands with the best products, in my opinion.
- What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
Milk Makeup, Fenty Beauty, Huda Beauty, Glossier… the list goes on and on.
- Favourite drugstore brand?
I would have to say L’Oreal, but their prices are more or less going way beyond the ‘drugstore’ price bracket nowadays in my opinion! Other than that, I really enjoy using Wet N Wild and Maybelline products too.
- Do you wear fake eyelashes?
Yes! Not every day, though.
- Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
I would definitely have to say concealer. And if I have an extra minute, some mascara and bronzer too.
- What is your most cherished beauty product?
Currently, it’s my Champagne Pop highlighter by Becca- since I bought it, my makeup game has reached a whole new level.
- How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
Whew, I shop for makeup way too often for my own financial good! I don’t do big hauls, I tend to pick up items here and there-whatever catches my eye.
- Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely?
Would it be bad if I said that I spend rather… freely? *cringe*
But, I must say that I tend to do very thorough research before investing in makeup, especially expensive products, for my collection.
- Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Yes, definitely. More money equals more makeup!
- What type of product do you buy the most of?
Well, that would definitely have to be concealer, mascara and kajal- they’re products I use daily that tend to get finished rather quickly.
- Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand?
I absolutely detest the brand Fair & Lovely- their whole brand identity is based on the ‘fact’ that one needs to be fair to be beautiful. Moreover, their complexion products like their BB cream only come in one shade. Yes, you read that right. One shade, which they expect to suit all Indian skin tones.
- Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
I know this sounds bad, but I’m not usually on the lookout for those. Like I said earlier though, I do a lot of research and go through reviews before buying most products, so I do tend to get an idea of what ingredients are in them and whether or not they suit most skin types and stuff. But the one thing I absolutely avoid when it comes to my skin, hair, body, is charcoal. That shit burns, and doesn’t play nice with my skin.
- Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup?
The Sephora and M.A.C. stores are like heaven for me.
- Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I tend to keep a certain routine. I don’t like to mess around too much with my skin.
- Favourite bath and body brand?
Coincidentally, Bath and Body Works.
- If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Hmm… this is a tough one, but I’d say M.A.C.
- What brand do you think has the best packaging?
Well, I’m a sucker for cute packaging, so Benefit! But M.A.C. packaging is super classy, and I like that a lot as well.
- Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Kim Kardashian West and Kylie Jenner- for sure.
- Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
I guess I do belong to the WordPress and YouTube makeup communities!
- Favourite Beauty Gurus?
Tati Westbrook from GlamLifeGuru and Shreya Jain. I trust their recommendations, and I feel like they’re the last few bigger influencers left who are still truthful in their reviews and recommendations.
- Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
No, I prefer to use separate products for separate functions.
- Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
No- I’m super precise and give my full attention to doing my makeup. When I’m doing makeup, I’m in the zone and it’s kind of like my ‘me time’.
- Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
I use primer for my face (my current favourite is Benefit Porefessional), but I just prime my eyelids with concealer.
- How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
None- I don’t fuss with my hair and let it be. I just run a brush through it in the morning, and I’m out the door.
- What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
- Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Yes! I really want to, so here’s hoping I’ll find the time for it soon!
- What do you love about makeup?
I love the fact that it serves as an armour for me to face the rest of the world. It makes me feel beautiful, talented, confident, and so much more. And it’s so much fun!
Well, those are all my answers! To further continue this tag, I tag… each and every one of you! I want to keep this tag open to everyone because let’s face it- we’re all makeup addicts here. Oh, and let me know in the comments below if you’ll be doing this tag, I’ll definitely keep an eye out for yours.